Monday, January 15, 2007

Work and school part II

Okay, I've had some sleep. So here's the good part of work:

Tips.

Actually, I like most of the people I work with, so that's good. That can be rare! Also, I get to have insurance as a part-time worker. I'm thinking about changing colleges after this term, to a larger college south of here. It has more opportunities, classes, etc. as well as a clinic and other perks that this college doesn't have. Plus, I could rent a cheaper apartment to save on costs. Here in the duplex, I pay $600 a month plus garbage, water and sewer. So I could obviously save somewhere else. I realize I could move in this town, but if I want to have more opportunities at a bigger college, I might as well do it all at once. There will also be more job opportunities as well.

So I'm thinking of staying on for a couple of months until I possibly move. I can suck it up, right? I'll just have to figure out what to do with the jerk customers. It's not in my nature to be a jerk back (unless I'm tired and cranky), so I'll have to be subtle yet effective. Hmmmmm....

No comments: