Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Super Bowl!

For some reason, in the past few years (I can't even remember how long it's been now) I haven't been able to watch the Super Bowl. In fact, last year I had to work so we tried to listen to it on AM radio. We couldn't have it too loud however, as it was a pharmacy. And it sucked. I missed all the good stuff! I sped home and turned on the tv as soon as I could and saw the NFL symbol... then "Poof!"... it was gone. That was the extent of the Super Bowl for me.

So this year, I have a plan. I will watch the Super Bowl! I know what day to call in sick. I must do it. It calls to me.

I hate to lie... I could ask for that day off I suppose... Something to ponder. Fifteen days should be enough notice for a day off, right? But I won't tell the why, I can't. They'll say I could watch it in the smoke infested, scrungy-guy filled bar, between orders or something. Right. Nope, I need to enjoy a beer with chips or pizza - something very unhealthy and positively cheesy.

Oh, Super Bowl... how I have missed thee!

No comments: