Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Baby, it's cold outside!

It's been pretty cold lately. Not crazy-cold (like zero degrees) or anything, but cold enough! I put another blanket on my bed. That makes it two blankets and a comforter. I should be toasty tonight! I turn off the heat at night, so I have to have enough blankets.

I was driving to Salem and it was absolutely frosty.



At first I wondered if it snowed a little and I just didn't know about it, but it's just really frosty.



Today it was around 34 degrees and raining. I was a little worried the temperature would drop and we'd have freezing rain, but it warmed up to around 37 degrees. Gee, it's like summer.

Oh, and I had a job interview today at a bowling alley. I interviewed for waitress but told the interviewer that I would like to tend bar as well (since it's in the alcohol part of the bowling alley) and she said I could probably cross-train. The interview went really well and she said that she liked me a lot. She's going to check my references and call me tomorrow. She wants to start me immediately, seeing how I am unemployed and all.

The only bad thing is that I'm going to be working in a smokey environment and will be working until 2:30 a.m. I'm more of a morning person, but ya gotta do whatcha gotta do. I'm really hoping the tips will be good enough that I won't have to get a roommate. The interviewer said they're were really good tips, but we might have a difference of opinion on what good tips are. We'll see.

Since I had such a good interview and the likelihood of me working very soon (I'm guessing Friday?) is very probable, I decided to splurge a little on myself. I got a pair of warm, waterproof boots!



They weren't very expensive (around $40) and they are sooooo cushioned! They're very comfortable. I'm looking forward to wearing them and having warm, dry feet!

Well, I guess I should practice my best "Flo" imitation. "Hey Hon (smacking my gum loudly), what can I get ya?" Or I could go with the Annie Potts - Ghostbusters version: "Bowlin' Alley. Whadya want?"

2 comments:

Faythe said...

I think you have just the right kind of personality to be a good waitress, and if you became one, you'd also have great stories to tell about customers!

Here in Spokane it looks like we'll be having a white Christmas for real. It snowed today, and there's supposed to be snow on Christmas Eve, too. I am very excited about it!

aimee said...

Cool, thanks Faythe! If possible, I'll post as much as I can about weird, annoying or good customers. Although the good ones aren't nearly as funny as the weird or annoying ones.