Tuesday, May 09, 2006

On the Road Part 1

Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to finish the post about the trip to Ashland, but I'll try... Later.

I'm in Brookings - again - but this time for work. So far, it's been going great. The work is laid back and the people are awesome. I really like the people I work for and work with. What a difference it makes! I don't have any pictures right now because I'm at my friend, Marie's house, and I don't have my camera with me. But I'll try to get to all the pics later.

It's been pretty nice in Brookings. The weather is awesome (a lot nicer than when I lived here) and the people have been cool too. I'm doing new things and learning things. But it's pretty calm and fun.

We've been eating dinner at Marie's, which is great because she's a great cook. Yesterday was steak, potatoes and a vegetable medley. Today was twice baked potatoes and meatloaf. Tomorrow is meatloaf. We are spoiled. No doubt.

I've been a little concerned about Buddy and Grace, but I just have to remember that they're not that helpless and they'll be fine. Plus Joel is looking in on them, so they aren't totally alone.

I'll try to take pictures of the hotel and whatnot, but for now this will have to do. Gotta go for now...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Considering they spend 9o%of their time sleeping and 5% of their time pooping and eating, I don't think you have much to worry about. :) They're probably walking around thinking, "Man, something is missing here, I can't quite put my paw on it."

(Think of all the petting time you're going to owe them when you get back.)

Faythe said...

I'm missing my kitties, too! I hop that Doug's taking care of them and giving Jojo the attention she always demands. Your training and travelling sound so awesome. I'm really happy you got this new job, and it really does make all the difference in the world when you can enjoy your job.

aimee said...

Rayleen - tru' dat! :)

Faythe - you're right, it does make a difference! Ahhh!