Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Roger

For a while now Roger has had some difficulties starting up. Sometimes not starting at all. Of course I just had to give him a second, and then he'd start, but very labored. I was hoping all he needed was a tune-up...

Lucky for me, Jeff knows quite a bit about vehicles and how they work. He got everything I needed and then looked under the hood and, after giving me the look of shame, ordered a valve cover gasket as well.

We ended up replacing the cap and rotor, plugs and wires, PCV valve, thermostat, valve cover gasket, cleaned the combustion chamber out and flushed the coolant. I gotta tell ya, Roger is feeling fine!!! We took him out for a victory lap (and to blow out some of the gunk) and for the first mile or two there was a nice blue smoke following me. That'll teach the guy behind me for following too close! But it cleared up pretty quickly and Jeff and I enjoyed the smooth ride. Well, smooth for a Jeep.

When we got back, Jeff took me for a ride on his four-wheeler. Duke knew what was going on and took off like a shot! He loves that thing! He gets to race it and boy does he run fast! Jeff is kind of a daredevil and there was only one or two times when I was a little scared, but I trust him (obviously with my life!) and I knew it would all be good. We caught air a couple of times and I'm sure we were going faster than 100 m.p.h. at a few of points.

All in all, it was a great weekend. When I drove Roger home, I had a smile on my face. It's nice that he's running so great! Especially when I'll be using him for a bit of travel in the next couple of months.

For some reason, I don't have any good pictures of him right now, so I'll just have to get some! I just took the doors off because it's been nice and sunny... Maybe I'll give him a (much needed) bath and take some pictures.
AAARRRRRGG!!!

No comments: