Thursday, January 19, 2006

Flooding

Well, I didn't get any pictures because I would have had to drive a little too far away - I'm working in town today, so I didn't want to drive all the way there. Anyway, I think I was able to download the front page picture from the Albany Democrat-Herald. It's not the best picture, but you can kind of see the bridge toward the top and then the Willamette River just kind of consumes the road. The white part of the water on the right isn't the paint on the road, it's where the water is cascading off the road into the field/lake/river.



If you go to the website and download the front page, there's a really clear picture in Adobe Acrobat. Of course, it won't be the front page tomorrow...

On a funny note, the very mean and arrogant pharmacist that I work with (who says that she can't stand stupid people) said this today: "... yeah, and they drownded!"

Drownded? And she has the degree.

2 comments:

Faythe said...

That's pretty amazing that there's so much water!

I just realized that now that you have a new computer and can download pictures for your blog, that the only thing that's missing is pictures of your cats! Jojo and I demand to see pictures of Buddy and Grace!! Jojo wants to know what Buddy looks like so she can get a better idea of how to bite him.

aimee said...

Buddy said, "Bite a mouthful of my beautiful fur, Slick."

Apparently, he's like the porcupine who shoots quills... But instead throws out tons of hair that gets in you mouth, eyes and nose.