Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Keeping the cycle going

I appear to have a bad habit of blogging twice in semi-quick succession, then not posting at all for a few months. So here's my second post.

I was TOTALLY irresponsible financially and bought myself a new toy. I saved for a while, but it still took most of my bank account. Nontheless, I really wanted a hobby that I could do outside - something more physical than studying or sewing (or knitting - sorry Rayleen and Faythe).

So.... I bought a dirtbike!!!





It will be parked at my friend Jeff's house for a while, up in Salem. He has a farm there where I can ride, so it's pretty perfect! I. Can't. Wait!

More news: I had signed up for a bunch of classes, but then realized I was signed up for the wrong classes. I had mistakenly signed up for classes for an assoc. of arts and I'm doing an assoc. of applied science... So after a bit of research (and going to a really annoying workshop), I ended up dropping all of my classes! I'm just going to work for Spring and Summer! Rayleen and I signed up for a non-credit Spanish class and may do the sign language class as well.

So - about that annoying workshop that I mentioned earlier... There are apparently too many nursing students and not enough counsellors, so instead of counselling, they are having group workshops. You can make an appointment to see a counsellor, but they just want you to go to the workshop. I went and Rayleen went with me. There was a guy who seemed to have his stuff together, a really dumb girl and a young mother with a 18 month old (I guess) and a 6 month old.

I ended up holding the young baby because the toddler started crying when she held the baby. The little baby needed a change, but she was really cute and very quiet. She gnawed on my knuckle for a while and drooled a lot... but she was so cute! The toddler did a pretty good job, for a toddler.

The dumb girl was too much though. "Um, so like, I took anatomy and physiology a few years ago and um, didn't take it seriously, so um, I got an F?... and I took it again, and still didn't take it seriously - I guess I should have studied?... and I got a D-? So I took anatomy and physiology two and got a C-? So like, it lowered my GPA?"... etc, etc, etc. :O I wanted to tell her to get out. AND she's a CNA! She is the kind of moron that gives CNAs a bad name! AAARRRG!!! But I really don't think I have to worry about her EVER getting into the nursing program, so I suppose it's okay.

So like, I'm a worker bee now?

2 comments:

Queen of the Fairies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Queen of the Fairies said...

Yay for getting a dirt bike!

As for the moron, maybe she got bad grades because she was makin those babies instead of studying??? She needs to take care of her kids.