Sunday, April 12, 2009

I got to ride

Yesterday I drove up to Salem and got to ride my dirtbike. It was a little scary, just because it's been so long since I rode. My friend Jeff gave me instructions and let me start in the small field next to his house. He worked in his barn and I saw him come out occasionally to check on me. After some time, I graduated to the next field over so I could get into 3rd gear finally. :) I had to rest for a while after that though, because my hands were so tired! I was having difficulties shifting and braking. But after the rest, Jeff got on his quad and lead the way. He got the speed up quite a bit, trying to get me comfortable with it. I went pretty dang slow on the corners, but I did get going kind of fast (or at least it was fast to me!). We even went up a huge (scary) hill and through some loose dirt with rocks (the scariest part - I was slipping and sliding all over).

All in all, I had a great time! I have to concentrate ONLY on riding when I'm riding - the dirt, the rocks, what gear, my brakes, etc. It was mind-cleansing. :) I don't have any pictures of me riding... maybe next time.

No comments: