Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Gotta post (video at the end!)

I need to post something, so this might be random.

Let me think... Well, it's finals week at school. I finished yesterday and felt GREAT about it! I'm taking classes next term, but none of them are prerequisites for the nursing program, so I don't HAVE to have all As this time! The new classes are for my degree, so I just have to pass! Yay!!!

I'm still working at the hospital and loving it. I've had one of my patients die, but she was 95 years old and just plain tired. Her heart gave out and we just couldn't bring her back. But seriously, 95 is pretty good.

I've been doing the online dating thing, to try something new. All of the people at school are about 10 years younger (or more) than me and I can't really meet anybody at work... the people at church are married... you see my quandry? So just this year, I've been on 6 first dates! Much different from my normal one or two dates a YEAR. Sure, I've met a couple of crazies, but I've also met some pretty cool people.

I've changed my eating habits (very difficult!) over the past year and have lost a little over 30 pounds for my efforts! I'm trying to stay on a pretty regular exercise routine as well, which is also difficult at times. In fact, I should go work out today... But anyway, I'm feeling pretty frickin' good about it all!

I feel prettier than I have felt in a very long time. :) I'm saving up for a dirt bike (motorcycle). I have decided that I really need a physical hobby and I had one when I was about 13 years old or so. I loved it! I haven't ridden since then, but I'm eager to get going! It's very challenging to save almost $2000 as a student, but I'm pretty determined. I can't wait to start riding! And post pictures of it!!!

Oh! I went to a concert - it was so much fun! I'm going to try to upload a clip of it that I "filmed" with my camera... so please forgive the poor sound/picture quality! And watch it all the way through - there's something fun (I think) toward the end... Okay, it was taking hours to upload, so I put it on Flickr. Hopefully this link will work:
Concert - Disciple

Well, that's it for now!

No comments: