Sunday, September 09, 2007

It's September. What does that mean? Well among other things, I have to drive slower at school zones, I start classes again this month, I need a new driver's license and summer is over. Yes, fall is here and it's time to start preparing. For most of you (I'm pretending more than two people read this), preparing for fall consists of breaking out the sweaters or buying orange and brown decorations at the craft store. But for me it means I need to get more wood and try out my woodstove to make sure it is in good working condition.



By golly, it works great! The cats weren't sure what to think of it. I've been trying to keep them away from it anyway. I had some big pieces of wood on it and Buddy finally jumped on the woodstove the other day. The wood and Buddy came crashing down (he didn't get hurt), and it scared the bejeebers out of him. I'm hoping that will help them stay away. I'm also going to buy a squirt gun and occasionally squirt the stove to make it hiss, and maybe squirt them if they get too close.

I broke out the sewing maching this past week. Kitchen cabinets before:



Kitchen cabinets after:



I realize the rod on the right is crooked. And it's probably going to stay that way. There's a piece of wood in the way of the rod holder that makes it very difficult to put it higher and make it straight. And I really don't mind, so crooked it is! I also made a curtain out of the same material for the door, but I forgot to take a picture of it.

I have a down jacket that will be great for cold days, but when I moved to Albany, my cousin was gracious enough to put a hole in it. I put it in a bag and that was it. Since I know it's going to get cold up here (and with not much storage, I didn't know where to put it - I kept seeing the dang thing!), I decided to sew up the hole. I sewed it by hand, so now it looks like the same kind of work on Frankenstein. There will be no pictures. Hey, it'll be warm!

No comments: