Sunday, February 04, 2007

$(*#$&@(*&&$##!!!!!

I'm so annoyed. No, I'm beyond annoyed. I will tell you why so you can be amazed, shocked and possibly angry like me. Oh yes, I will share my anger.

It all starts with two weeks ago. I asked for tomorrow (Super Bowl Sunday) off (obviously two weeks in advance), and was rewarded with working 6 days this week, one of them being Sunday. I was moderately annoyed since I asked for it off (in writing) and nobody talked to me about it, explained anything - nada. So I decided to call in sick. I'm only scheduled to work for 3 1/2 hours, I think they can live without me. And I'll call in the morning and give plenty of notice.

Fast forward to today. The other waitress (I came in at 7 p.m., she came in at 8 p.m.) "wasn't feeling good" and asked if she could go home early. She was scheduled to close, I'm scheduled until midnight. The supervisor said, "Let's see how things go..." At about 10 or 15 minutes before midnight, I asked this other waitress if she'd like to take a break before I left. She said yes. I saw her waiting a few more tables and finally she was gone. For a long, long time.

About a half an hour later, the supervisor comes up to me, visibly pissed. She informs me that the other waitress went home. Without telling anybody. She put her tray down somewhere, gave her "register" to one of the maintenance guys and told them to give it to the supervisor, and walked out the door.

Now here's the really crazy part: She's done it before. She just leaves. Without telling anybody. Just goes home.



What. The. Crap.

I ended up staying until 2:30 a.m. because the bartender was totally overwhelmed. I think I lost money because of people who bought drinks, (I pay the bartender, then when I take the drink to the customer, they pay me), but it took so long to get the drink out to them, they left...

One of the reasons I only work until midnight on Saturdays is because I go to church the next morning. And it took me a long time for them to start changing the schedule so I could have that! Persistence! So I won't be going to church tomorrow morning since it's just after 3 a.m. and I would have to get up at 8 a.m. I'm going to sleep!

At least I'll get to watch the Super Bowl with my neighbors and have fun! I don't feel bad for calling in sick. I'm sure they'll call somebody in if they need to. Maybe that other waitress.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Will they fire her for just leaving like that? I hope they do!