Monday, September 03, 2012

It's September! Oh, the end of summer..

Ah, September! Bittersweet month, it is. The end of summer... the saddest thing. I adore summer, and I look forward to it every year. It's my favorite time of year. I lose weight, I get tanned, I go out on adventures. But, God has given me the gift of football to ease the pain of summer ending. And International Talk Like A Pirate Day. And my birthday. So it's not all bad. This year I went camping on the Oregon coast. I started just north of Seaside, and made my way down to Brookings. I find it enjoyable to bring my small "hiker's" tent and find a new camping spot each night. It's a special adventure at each spot. Here's a pic of me in Newport, enjoying my first cup of coffee for the day:
I brought a hammock this year, a decision that proved to be invaluable. But back to September. I'm putting last minute touches on the house... or that's the plan... I have to scrape the window frames and repaint. Ugh. This is not a fun task, I've found. I already pressure washed the house - a task I don't intend on doing again. How often is THAT supposed to be done?? It was dirty and disgusting! Oh! Speaking of dirty! I ran in the Dirty Dash this summer! What a hoot! Wanna see how dirty my friends and I got? Yes. Yes, you do:
July was definitely the best month of the whole summer... with too many amazing memories to blog. It may warrant another post later. Goodbye summer. I'll see you in about nine months...

No comments: