Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Food. How I love it.

There is something special about food. It can usually be depended upon (with some exceptions), and you can make it what you want it: spicy, garlicky, sweet, salty, savory, cheesy, lots of veggies, lots of meat... whatever. And the more I cook, the more I find that I really enjoy cooking! I'm currently doing the Paleo diet, which means no processed food, no grains (wheat, rice, corn, etc), only occasional potato, and no sugar. But here's what I can eat: MEAT. Vegetables. Real eggs. Cheese (some people don't do the dairy because they're lactose intolerant. I am not. So I do the dairy.) and full-fat Greek yogurt (I had no idea it was so creamy and delicious!). Fruit. There's a lot of coconut usage in this diet: coconut "flour," coconut milk, etc. I can tell you now, I've never gone this long without grains and especially without fast food. But I'm so satisfied with the food I'm eating, I'm okay with not having Taco Bell! And I'm sure my body thanks me for that. Allow me to show you some recent meals: Burgundy pepper lamb tips on a bed of herb salad, served with a generous portion of guacamole.
Or a favorite breakfast, pepper jack cheese with avocado omelette, topped with a healthy sprinkling of cayenne pepper and smoked paprika, served with the rest of the avocado, sour cream, habanero salsa, and bacon. So. GOOD.
I even made a slow-cooked beef heart, served over a bed of creamed kale:
For when I just wanted veggies, I've had mushrooms and onion sauteed in butter and garlic, or this delicious broccoli salad:
I've never had so much fun on a "diet!!" I have tonight off (one night between several working nights, so I keep my night schedule), and I'm going grocery shopping. I'm getting the ingredients for a Thai-style spicy chicken soup that has coconut milk, red curry, and many other yummy treats. I've made it once already, and fell in love. It's good to be me right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In this fashion my buddy Wesley Virgin's story begins in this SHOCKING AND CONTROVERSIAL VIDEO.

As a matter of fact, Wesley was in the army-and shortly after leaving-he discovered hidden, "self mind control" tactics that the CIA and others used to get anything they want.

These are the exact same SECRETS many famous people (notably those who "became famous out of nowhere") and top business people used to become rich and famous.

You've heard that you use less than 10% of your brain.

Really, that's because the majority of your brainpower is UNCONSCIOUS.

Perhaps that thought has even taken place INSIDE OF YOUR own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head around seven years ago, while driving an unregistered, garbage bucket of a car without a license and $3 in his pocket.

"I'm absolutely frustrated with living check to check! Why can't I become successful?"

You've taken part in those questions, am I right?

Your own success story is going to happen. All you have to do is in YOURSELF.

Take Action Now!