Wednesday, June 07, 2006

More Construction

Today was great. I got to cut stuff with a circular saw! I was a little intimidated by it, but didn't back down when I was told I would be using it. It wasn't bad! I was pleased that they trusted me to run the saw rather than the older (but not much older) fella that we're working with. Unfortunately, they also trusted me to run to Home Depot for supplies. Three times. I was getting tired of that, but it's all part of the job I suppose. Oh, and that's the same fella who had never heard of "Arrrrg, Matey!!!" He's the ANTIPIRATE!

Yesterday I pinched the tip of my finger between some wood and hard plastic and I actually watched it fill up with blood. I knew it was going to get ugly and painful if I didn't do something about it, so I took a screw and poked a hole in it. It bled for a while, so I got a little piece of paper towel and some electrical tape and plugged it. It's still a little sore, but at least it isn't a huge blood blister.

I'm having so much fun, I'm actually considering telling the boss that I would rather just do what I've been doing (including the construction) instead of going to be a tech. I haven't really decided yet. If I do that, I might have to consider getting a roommate so my cats aren't neglected. Hm. Not sure.

No comments: